Sytse is a food blogger who presents sweet and savoury snacks and dishes on his blog Het Groene Broertje that invite you to cook and bake. All vegan!
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 400 grams of cauliflower
- 1 yellow union (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 180 grams of (vegan) chicken pieces
- Chicken seasoning by taste
- 1 TS yeast extract
- 2 TS unsalted cashews
- 1 TS Red bell pepper powder
- 250 grams of pasta
- 150 grams field peas
- Butter to bake in
- Olive oil
- Optional: 1 twig of Juanita cherry tomatoes
Equipment: food chopper, food processor, oven, cooking pan, frying pan.
- Turn on the gas and place the frying pan on the stove. Place a little bit of (vegan)butter in the frying pan. When the butter has melted, add the chopped onion. As soon as the onion is getting glazy, add the garlic to it. Firmly stir in the ingredients. After about 2 minutes you can add the cauliflower, the red bell pepper powder and the vegetable broth. Let is simmer on a medium fire until the cauliflower is well done.
- In the meanwhile you’ll season the vegan chicken pieces and bake them in a little bit of (vegan)butter until they’re a bit crispy. Then put them aside.
- Cook the pasta as it says on the packaging. After you’ve rinsed it, ad a little bit of olive oil so it won’t get sticky. Hustle the pasta firmly.
- As soon as the cauliflower is well done, you’ll have to separate the buds from the vegetable broth and put them into a bowl. Add 2 TS vegetable broth to the bowl. Use a kitchen machine or use a fork to turn it into a nice sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F. During the preheating of the oven, you’ll add the pasta to the casserole. This is the first layer. Followed by the vegan chicken and the field peas. After that you add the cauliflower sauce to it. For a little bit of savory flavor mix 1 TS of yeast with 2 TLS of chopped unsalted cashews. Use a food processor if you have one. Sprinkle Drizzle the mix over the sauce.
- For decorational purpuses you can at a twig of the Juanita cherry tomatoes. Candy for the eye, am I right?
- Put it in the preheated oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until it’s nice and hot and the tomatoes are a bit cooked. Bonne appetite! Caution! Hot!