Lieke is a Dutch food blogger. With her posts and recipes, she wants to support her followers in finding a balance between food, activity and everyday life. Besides creating recipes that she shares on her blog and Instagram channel, she also focuses on sustainability.
Ingredients for 4 bowls
200 g lentils (in pocket or can)
400 g diced tomato (in can)
350 g carrots
150 g leek
2 gloves of garlic
500 ml water
3 teaspoons yeast extract
handful of chives
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop the onion, carrots and leek. Mince or press the garlic.
- Warm the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering add the onion and garlic. Cook until it’s turning translucent.
- Add water, leek and carrots. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the diced tomato, lentils and yeast extract. Cook for 2 more minutes at low heat.
- Meanwhile, mince the chives. Add half of the chives to the pot.
- Coarsely puree the soup with a blender and divide the soup between the bowls.
- Garnish the bowls with the remaining chives.