Eric is a food blogger from Germany and creates simple, vegan recipes from sweet to savory. For Eurasyp he created homemade gnocchi with paprika sauce in which yeast extract is used as a flavouring ingredient. Eric’s recipe is excellent to follow and shows how simple vegan dishes can be.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
400g Gnocchi, 2 red sweet peppers, 1 small courgette, 6 Cocktail tomatoes,
2 tablespoons yeast extract, 50ml vegan cream, 100ml water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the peppers in half and put them in the oven at 180 degrees convection for 20-25 minutes until the skin of the peppers turns slightly black.
- Cook the gnocchi for about 3-5 minutes.
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into thin slices.
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the olive oil and fry well.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and peel them when they have cooled down a little. Then put them briefly in a blender and mix thoroughly.
- Add the resulting paprika sauce and water to the pan.
- Then stir in the yeast extract and the cream.
- Just before the gnocchi are added, cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the sauce.
- Toss the gnocchi briefly in the pan and then serve.
1. Vegan Parmesan:
Put 100g cashews, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp yeast extract and 1 pinch of vegetable stock in a blender and grind finely.
500g floury potatoes, 140g potato flour, 40ml water, some nutmeg and salt.
- Boil the potatoes and then peel them when they have cooled down.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and add the water, then add the potato flour and knead well.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Then roll the dough and cut off some 1cm pieces and press a small hollow into the dough with your thumb.
- Cook the gnocchi for 3-5 minutes.